Monday 12 December 2011

A Meaning Song-Pray

The song’s name is Pray. As you see, it talks the prayer (Justin Bieber) was pray for Africa who is in trouble. We can see the news about Africa in the papers or on the TV. The war is break out. Children are crying, soldiers are dying, and buildings are toppling down. Many people lose their home. Homeless people not only don’t have food to eat, but also live outside to through all night. Their body is cold, heart feel loneliness. The singer wants to make a change. So he prays for these people.


The song has many poetic devices. Now, I give you some examples.
'I just can't sleep tonight
Knowing that things ain't right'
This is rhyme. If you listen to the song carefully, you can find more rhymes.
'I lose my appetite knowing kids starve tonight
Am I a sinner, cause my dinner is still on my plate?'
This is metaphor.
'Cause I know there's sunshine behind that rain
I know there's good times behind that pain'
This is symbolism.

He went to the Africa to encourage people. He plays with children, singing with adults. He think there is sunshine behind that rain, there’s a good times behind that pain. After war, the soldiers go back their home, their families was so exciting. We can find the sunshine is coming. The singer gives his best wishes to these people. When I hear the song, I can image what life the people live and it let me feel sad. The tone of the song is slowly and full of feelings.

No comments:

Post a Comment